Öl auf Holz
340 x 340 x 340 cm
After EXPO 2000, the Christus Pavillon, the joint church building of the Protestant and Catholic Churches in Germany at EXPO 2000 in Hanover, was relocated to the former Thuringian Cistercian monastery of Volkenroda (founded in 1131). There it stands today as a lasting reminder of the world exhibition and completes the still preserved parts of the historic monastery complex.
On the occasion of this conversion of the Christus Pavillon (built by von Gerkan, Marg und Partner), Andreas Felger designed in 2001 the transition between the large, central church room (25 x 25 x 18 m) and the modern cloister surrounding it (70 x 30 x 6.8 m) with nine three-dimensional wooden reliefs. The accessible cube-shaped works of art, also called chambers, take up the dimensions of the cloister quadrature: 3.40 meters in height, width and depth.